Sunday, November 8, 2009

MOA - Chapter 4

Chapter 4
The night is calm and cold just like the way his heart feels… Tranquil and Remote. The room was in the middle of silence as Eric was tolerating his mind drift with all the events that took place last evening. Undoing back what happened last dusk makes his heart breathtaking in such a way that he would wish to die instead than to wake up for another tomorrow of despair and loneliness. He can’t forget what happened. Every detail of it had become a memory of his love for her, exciting or throbbing, a night filled with laughter, which turned to tears.
It was the time he was tickling Alex on her waist. He was on top of her, and her hands were on his shoulders. A really roguish and suspicious position, which is quite malicious for critics. She was laughing gleefully as he goes on his manner of tomfoolery. When unexpectedly, the connecting door opened widely, from there stood a familiar shadow of a man whose eyes are watching them like an eagle ready to attack his prey, and both of them immobilized.
The handsome chap was now standing in front of them, looking at Alex’ eyes in a calm manner, but instead, Alex turned pale and blue to saw him there, afraid to hear his voice, scared to see that he had witnessed a scene not to be done by civilized and educated citizens, an occurrence filled with malevolence acted by his fiancĂ©e and his childhood sweetie’s cousin. She was frightened and trembling to look at Aaron’s eyes, more so ever, she was terrified to glance back at Eric. For her, the incident that took place is not just degrading but very humiliating, indeed.
Punished me, Aaron, for I had been disloyal to you not by what you had perceived but by what I really felt for the reason that it was factual all along that I enjoyed everything we did, every happenings which turned out to be a sign of my betrayal to you, everything I had shared with my best friend. Please tell me you hated me and that I am guilty for what I did. Please hurt me the way I hurt you now. I beg you. Do it now! She told to herself, unable to glimpse at the person she was guilty of something.
He came nearer to her, draws his body closer towards her, his hands were wide open. Is he going to grab me and hurt me? Battered me like the other men did to their unfaithful wives? She whispered deep down her mind, trying to control her tension. Aaron’s hand suddenly rose up high, tugging nearby and almost approaching toward her. “His going to make his first attack! This could be more painful but I should accept what it takes to be. I should be punished,” she said to herself, blaming herself of hurting the man in front of her, suspicious of what he saw. She closed her eyes, tremulous and petrified to experience what will happen next.
She didn’t felt anything, not a single slap on her young angelic face. Why would I address myself as an angel when I am guilty of doing a crime? It should be evil and devilish, she thought. There was a warm feeling inside her, holding her gently, full of affection and romance whose hands are mildly placed around her body, pressing his hardness against hers and it was the moment she realized that Aaron was embracing her.
Slowly, tears began to explode in her eyes; she’s no longer trembling because she had unleashed the fear inside her. She felt safer by the time Aaron holds her, letting her felt that he is not infuriated for what he found out. She instantly cuddled him and wept endlessly. She took a hard time spreading out the right words to come out of her lips. She finds difficulty searching for words to say and she only told him two words… plain and clear… and that was “I’m sorry.”
Eric was there frozen and still, watching their romantic scene, controlling the green-eyed monster to swallow him, wrapped in loneliness of seeing them holding close together in front of him. He wanted to cry as well but he won’t, of course. He wished that he was Aaron and that he was the one surrounding her with his arms, feeling her warmth and satisfying his heart’s content. But all he could do was to look at them, stared at them closely and glared at every movement, action and gesture they did like he was just watching a movie silently. Unfortunately, it wasn’t a movie. It was reality and the veracity had killed him at a snail’s pace, tearing his heart into pieces.
I was right after all. He told to himself. Damn myself! I almost believe in myself. Almost. All the ideas I had in mind and suggested had become to be a root of success… But now, I have nothing left but failure. There is neither a triumph nor victory. He had won the battle. I let her go. I can’t take her back now. Why in the hell would I believe that I could take her back when it is already too late? He loves her. And she… Alex… loves him. Right? She said so. And the evidence of their genuine love is here now, right beside me, and all I have to do is to watch, and tore my heart apart.
“There’s no need to say sorry, Alex. I won’t believe what I had in mind. I love you forever and it won’t change a bit. Never,” he whispered Alex soothingly, smoothing out the words of encouragement that touched her heart and make her comfortable and at ease. “I love you, too, Aaron. I love you so much,” she replied in a whisper but Eric had heard what she said and it was the most distressing words that he never wished to hear from her. “I – I thought you’ll hate me. I was so afraid. I wouldn’t live if you leave me, Aaron. I love you from any other man in this world and I will always belong to you forever,” she added, revealing the words she had wanted to tell Eric for so long but instead, confessed it to another person, which happened to be Eric’s greatest rival.
Hearing those words, Eric dreamed he has a heart attack right away. He imagined himself catching his breath helplessly, stopping the two confessed each other’s feelings, having Alex’s attention and leaving Aaron behind sobbing… Sad to say, but it ended up being just a daydream. The truth is he was sitting on the corner of his bedroom; eyes opened and completely wide awake to witness that agonizing moment.
There’s no way you could take her back. Not now or never. You gave her to me and I found out that I was deeply in love with her until now. And then, you’re trying to steal her from me? You won’t succeed. She belongs to me, Aaron thought and he smiled unnoticed. He won twice a victory now. For Alex confessing him her true feelings towards him, and watching Eric in depression, he claims himself to be the winner. Accidentally, Eric sneezed loudly and luckily, he had their attention… Alex’s attention basically. The lovers stared at him surprisingly. “Excuse me,” Eric apologized with a smile.
Alex is now aware of what was happening, the precise and definite thing that was occurring. She ended up with a conclusion that she couldn’t bear herself. She was terrified, afraid Aaron would hurt her, but instead, he hugged her and told her words that overwhelmed her. And then she began confessing what she felt for Eric, wherein out of the blue, she had told it to Aaron. The most worst thing she had done was, she never realized that Eric was right beside them watching and listening to every word she had told to Aaron which is really for him.
“Oh! I thought you were gone,” Aaron informed him. “Unfortunately, I am not,” Eric replied with a forced smile. “We better give ourselves a little privacy. I guess we were disturbing you a lot. I’m so sorry,” he apologized humbly. “No, actually it’s okay. It seems like I was just watching a movie here. It entertained me well. You really have a great performance,” Eric said awkwardly to insult Aaron. I won’t be trap with that one, you fool, Aaron thought. “Really? I never thought we could be great artists. We haven’t finished doing our climax. Would you like to watch the rest of the show?” he asked naughtily. “W-what are you talking about, Aaron?” Alex whispered to him with one eyebrow raised and eyes confused. “Just watch,” he replied silently that Eric was unable to hear it.
“It would be my pleasure,” Eric said. What is he thinking? I don’t have any idea what he’s going to do. Would he kiss Alex before me? Or would he slide his hands along her thighs and start making love with her? Would he drive her in her room or in my own bed as he wipe her body with his lips? What am I thinking? I’m really going in to it. Tomorrow, I’ll find myself in the mental hospital lying in a bed with a white cloth on my face. And I’ll die there just for having the thought that I am crazy about Alex. No… I’m already silly. And becoming more passionate for letting go of her. How I wish the climax would not be as bad as what I think. How I wish! He told to himself.
He has no idea what Aaron is up to but he’ll be ready. When he was about to look at Aaron, a large thing hit his jaw that helps him get a restful sleep. It was already late in the afternoon when he woke up. There was a pitcher and a basin of water in his table lamp, and a white cloth on his face. His face felt an excruciating pain and his body was unable to move. He had become entirely a motionless human being. He felt tired and weary. And then he recalled what happened last night. Every data had been saved up into his memory and it will never be erased. He felt more depressed than ever, unable to stand up not because of the physical twinge but the heartbreaking memories of last night that makes his heart bleed.
Anita came in and checked his temperature with a thermometer. “W-what happened?” He quickly asked. “I’m glad you regain your consciousness back again, sir. Mr. Miller told me that he punched you and lost consciousness. But he assured me that it wouldn’t kill you a bit. He has a doctor to prove that. The doctor said that you just need to rest for a day, then tomorrow you will be as good as before again,” Anita informed him. “H-how’s…” He hesitated at first but then he presided. “How’s Alex?” There was a quick reaction that was shown in Anita’s face, full of uncertainty, which had puzzled Eric. “W-what happened to her? Tell me!” He was so worried with Anita’s face turning white.
Would I say the truth? But Ms. Laurence… I promised her to keep that a secret. This could be really awful, sir… but a promise is a promise, she mulled over. “I – ah… Mr. Andrews…” There was a pause, a moment of silence inside her, making up her mind, forcing herself to tell a lie to her master who had trusted her for so many years. “You don’t need to worry about Ms. Laurence. She’s in the party with the rest of the guests, enjoying the conversations she had with your grandmother,” she replied. “I see,” he said. “Well… Did you find her here last night?” He questioned her again.
“Of course, sir. I was delivering your midnight snack, when I saw her in the pathway. She was… worried, in a hurry and… crying, sir,” she told the truth. “Really?” There was a feeling of satisfaction inside him the instant he heard that she was worried and crying, in a hurry to ask for help. “What happened next?” he asked excitedly. Did she stay with me last night? Tell me, he thought. “I’m afraid, sir, but after she accompanied me to your room, she left with Mr. Miller. I guess Mr. Miller had discovered our clandestine about the connection door, sir. They went through it and he slept on her room last night.” Half of it were a lie, the remaining were true.
He hastily discerned himself feeling deserted again. He can’t stop visualizing what they did on her room. They could have made love to each other during the remaining hours, exploring her precious body with his lips. Then, he paused for a while and thought, “What am I thinking? I’m going to die like this.” He dredged up the concepts and different ideas that came into his mind before he lost awareness. It almost came true, except for the fact that he’s not in a mental hospital… for now.
Anita left, and there was Alex outside her room waiting for her. “How is he?” she asked fearfully. “She’s alright, Ms. Laurence. Well… he’s physically alright,” she confessed her. “W-what do you mean?” she interrogated astonishingly in a perplexed way. “His face turned cold and dead when he learned that Mr. Miller slept at your room, Ms. Laurence,” she professed. “I guess we’re burying him alive, Ms. Laurence,” she asserted. “You really have to see him,” she suggested. I’d love to… but after what happened… I guessed it would be better not to get close with him for a while. She decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment